Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Home is where your heart is

Found myself to be blissful and grateful to be back home. Even though, comparing to Paris, the buildings here have no relation to aestheticism nor history; they are still Taiwanese style. They are where I belong. 


The fist thing I noticed was the sense of security. No longer do I need to watch out for my belongings. They are safe here, no one robes. It's so much easier to relax and enjoy under such condition! Later on, I found out the trees are so beautiful in Taipei. The city is green not gray! The weather is super nice and it's not cold! Follow up, it's the MRT and buses. It's hard to imagine how clean, cheap and comfortable the public transportation here can be! No more beggars, drunk people, unbearable smell! Most important of all, toilets are available at every station and they are free and clean! And then it's the food here. They are hot, yummy, everywhere, anytime, and affordable! 


Perhaps, to all my friends in Taipei, these are just trivial everyday details but they really made me so happy and alive. Can't believe that we've taken all these for granted. However, to be fair, there are still a lot of things that I miss about Paris: the art museums, the bars, the café, the delicate desserts, the friends, the home-made pastas, the language, the buildings, the people, the sale season shopping .......


But still, home is where your heart is. I'm happy to be home. If people can find a desirable job here, who wouldn't want to stay on this little island forever?



No comments:

Post a Comment